Saturday, January 9, 2010

Week Six (Janurary 3rd toJanuary 9th)

Sunday (1/3): 10 miles in 1:10.00 (7:00/mi)
10:30am - Weather pretty bad out, so I just chose to do one run. The wind and slush was no fun. At night after this run I realized my groin/adductors got pulled or something. Must have been from running in the slush. Never noticed it during the run, but it really tightened up by the evening.


Monday (1/4): AM - 13.6 miles in 1:23.00 (6:06/mi) PM - 6.5 miles in 38:30 (5:55/mi)
10:00am - The first few minutes of this were easy just to make sure my adductors were okay. Never really bothered me as I ran which was good. A nice, moderate progression to a steady pace. I feel like this effort is what a maintenance run should be like, so my maintenance pace might be a little faster than this (in good conditions).
3:30pm - A little carried away since it was nice to run on clear roads. First half 5:55/mi, next half 5:40/mi. So, it was probably a faster average, but I like to round down the distance a little. Threw in 5 strides towards the end, felt pretty good.


Tuesday (1/5): 19.5 miles in 1:59.30 (6:08/mi)
9:30am - Ran with Shamus and Justin in BH. Justin went 13 and Shamus went 17, then I added on miles at ~half marathon effort at the end. The whole run was on a 4.2 mile loop which was actually pretty fun. The whole run was a moderate progression. The first hard mile was in to the wind, the 2nd was with the wind. A little bit of jogging after for a cooldown. Solid run.
4.2 miles loops - 27:36 (6:34/mi), 26:09 (6:13/mi), 25:35 (6:05/mi), 25:04 (5:58/mi)
2 mile - 10:14 (5:24, 4:50)
Supplemental - Did core, strength, form drills and plyos (first time in awhile). The plyos aggravated my adductors a bit.


Wednsday (1/6): AM - 10.2 miles in 1:06.30 (6:31/mi) PM - 7 miles in 47:30 (6:47/mi)
 11:00am - Ran with Wager around his house. Legs a bit sore in the beginning from the lifting, but loosened up during the run. The left side of my left ankle had some sharp pains towards the end which really annoyed me. It seems like it might have been from the STs (shoes) yesterday.
4:00pm - Just an easy run, my ankle thing didn't bother me as much (apparently the Summons don't aggravate it as much).


Thursday (1/7): 14.6 miles in 1:33.00 (6:22/mi)
 3:00pm - A moderately progressive pseudo long run - I started out real easy, then got down to 5:25 for the last miles. It was a great day to run (despite the darn wind) and went by pretty fast. I chose a route with some decent hills since I have been doing to many flat runs recently.


Friday (1/8): AM (Primary) - 12.8 miles in 1:14.40 (5:50/mi) PM - 6 miles in 43:00 (7:10/mi)
 11:00pm - Today's workout was relatively varied. It was 9.5 miles (the distance the loop ended up being) of ~marathon effort with 5x(60s on, 30s off) at 20 minutes and 40 minutes in. The 60s on portions were around 10k-half marathon effort. Then the last 1.2 miles were up a hill with a varied gradient of 4-20% (generally over 10% most of the time). I averaged 5:27/mi for the first 8.3 miles and then 7:00/mi for the uphill portion...and I was hard working on it. It wasn't a fast workout by any means, but I was able to get some pace changes, high end aerobic work and strength work. I figure this is a relatively ideal type of workout for the fundamental stage. The warm up was a 1 mile jog and the cool down was a little over 2 miles. Wore my summons the whole time, never hurt my ankle. My adductors were noticeable in the beginning of the run, but went away rather quickly.
4:30pm - A real easy recovery run, enjoyed it. Upper quads a bit sore from this afternoon.
Supplemental: Did core and strength work at night followed by some AI stretching.


Saturday (1/9): AM - 9.1 miles in 58:00 (6:22/mi) PM - 6.3 miles in 42:30 (6:44/mi)
10:00am - Just ran by feel...Qauds a bit fatigued from yesterday still. Temperature was back to the negatives and windy which was no fun.
4:30pm - Another easy run. The wind picked up for this run so that was a little bit annoying. My legs are still fatigued as expected.


Week Summary:
 Another solid week. This week I tried to make sure my maintenance pace was a little quicker than it has previously been . I'd like to make a distinguishable difference between my maintenance days and recovery days, as I haven't in the past - most runs are sort of in between at times. The primary went well as I was able to touch on a few different systems in one workout. I believe that the hilly pseudo LR the day before the primary fatigued me a little bit for the workout. This isn't as big a deal right now, but it's something that shouldn't happen during the specific day - I just have to plan my days better. I was happy with the LR as I would like most of my LRs to double as semi-high end aerobic "workouts". The only problem with this week was the possible straining of my adductors from running in the snow on the first day of the week. Throughout the week it really hasn't gotten all that better, but it hasn't gotten any worse at all either. The problem with my left foot also became a bit more noticeable when running, and it's a little swollen. I just have to become more focused with the icing.


115.6 miles
12:14 hrs
Primary: 9.5 mile continuous AT. 5x(60s/30s) at 20 min and 40 min. Last 1.2 miles uphill.
Secondary: Modified LR, moderately progressive w/ last 2 miles at HM effort.
11 runs

No comments:

Post a Comment