Sunday, February 7, 2010

Starting anew

The past two weeks aren't worth posting as they consisted of 9.3 miles of running for the first week with 540 min minutes of cross training, and then a total of 7.5 miles the following week with no cross training. I have decided that attempting to run Shamrock would be a poor decision since I would be nowhere near as prepared for it as I should be. This isn't thinking in terms of performance, more so in terms of the injury risk accompanied with jumping right back in to it after so much time off. I have reviewed the training program I laid out for Shamrock and determined it was much too rushed. After cross country I was quite anxious to start up training for a half marathon, and was very hasty in my decision of which Half to run. I chose Shamrock which was a little more than 15 weeks away, which, when I look back at it, was a very poor choice. This new program I am drafting is comprised of ~3-5 weeks of introductory running to safely build back in to a solid volume of training. Then I will hold that volume for a minimum of 3 months , after that I will begin new phases aimed towards race preparation. This may be a confusing post as I'm just writing out what comes to my mind. In a little while, once I have drafted the program I will post it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment